Monday, October 11, 2010


Chapter 17

1. What happens to Katniss in the explosion?
What happens to Katniss in the explosion is that she started to loose her hearing. At first she was heard perfectly then all of a sudden she heard the explosion then on of her ears couldn't hear anything.

2. Why does Katniss leave the rendezvous point?
Katniss leaves the rendezvous point because Rue never showed up when they were suppose to. Katniss started to be suspicious. While Katniss was walking to look for Rue, She heard a person scream. Later she realized the person who was screaming was Rue.

3. What happens to Rue?
What happens to is that she dies. What made Rue die was that a boy from District 1 threw a spear in the middle of Rue's stomach.(AWWWW)

*Important Quotes*

"Fortunately my quiver has caught in the crook of my elbow, sparing both itself and my shoulde, and my bow is locked in my grasp." pg.222

"Add to that my proximity, my inability to run or defend myself, and in fact, the whole thing has me terrified." pg.224

"When I open my eyes, the world looks slightly fractured, and it takes a minute to realize that the sun must be well up and the glasses fragmenting my vision" pg.227

"When i break into the clearing, she's on the ground, hopelessly entangled in a net. She just has time to reach her hand through the mesh and say my name before the spear enters her body." pg. 232


No comments:

Post a Comment