Monday, October 11, 2010

 Chapter15


 Who forms an alliance with Katniss?
Rue forms an alliance with Katniss. Everytime when Katniss sees Rue she thinks of her sister Prim. Katniss tells Rue that she is smart enough to still be alive. Rue also saves Katniss life when Rue shows what Katniss what she has to do with the tracker jackers. 

2. How does this alliance benefit both parties?
This alliance benefits both parties because they both have things they could share. Like Rue, she gave Katniss leaves to cure the tracker jacker stings. Katniss gives Rue medicine for her burns. Katniss also gave Rue meat which Rue wasn't used to eating that.
3. What are some differences between District 11 and District 12?
District 11 and District 12 have some things different from each other. District 11 is dedicated to agriculture and District 12 is dedicated to coal mining. Katniss thinks that her District is really strict more stricter than Rue's, but Rue's district is worse than Katniss. Even though Disrict 11 is agriculture, they can't eat the food they plant. If people from District 11 ate the food they plantes, they had to get whipped in front of everybody in the District. Katniss knows that there is rarely whippings in her district. Katniss also knows that the mayor from District 12 isn't as strict as District 11's.
*Important Quotes*




"The sweetness spreads through my mouth, down my throat, warming my veins with memories of summer, and my home woods and Gale's presence beside me." pg. 196


"I enter a nightmare from which I wake repeatedly only to find a greater terror awaiting me. All the things I dread most, all the things I dread for others manifest in such vivid detail I can't believe they're real." pg. 195


"Hearing this makes me feel like District 12 is some sort of safe haven. Of course. people keel over from starvation all the time, but I can't imagine the Peacekeepers murdering a simpleminded child." pg. 204




"I can almost hear Haymitch groaning as I team up with this wispy child. But I want her. Because she's a survivor, and I trust her, and not admit it? He reminds me of Prim." pg. 201

No comments:

Post a Comment