Thursday, October 14, 2010


Chapter 18


1. What does Katniss do for Rue?
What Katniss does to Rue is that she sings to her. Rue really wanted to hear Katniss sing before she died. So Katniss decides to sing to her. While Katniss sings to Rue, Rue dies. Rue dies when Katniss is singing so Katniss just finishes her song and then she covers her in flowers.

2. Who sponsors a gift for her? What is it?
District 11 sponcered a gift to Katniss. The gift that District 11 gave Katniss was a loaf of bread.

3. How does Katniss' attitude change after Rue's death?
Katniss attitude changed a lot because when Rue had a spear stuck in her stomach she got so mad when she saw the boy from District 1 throw the spear at Rue, so she threw an arrow at the boy from District 1 and he died. Katniss had gotten more stricter because she wants everything s   he does done fast and well done.

 4. What rule change do the Gamemakers announce?
The rule change that the Gamemakers announce was that which ever two tributes that were alive from the same District wins. Katniss knew that she and Peeta could win the hunger games. Katniss knew that they both can survive and win.


*Important Quotes*

"Her hand reaches out and I clutch it like a lifeline." pg.233

"Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to . . .  to show the Capitol they don't own me. That I'm more than just a piece in their Games." pg.236

"Without emotion or the slightest tremor in my hands. My hatred of the Capitol has not lessened my hatred of my competitors in the least." pg.238

"Tonight it sends me Rue, still decked in her flowers, perched in a high sea of trees, trying to teach me to talk to the mockingjays." pg.239

No comments:

Post a Comment